The Bike: Specialized Diverge
THE ULTIMATE GETAWAY VEHICLE: "With speed, control, and confidence on any terrain, Diverge is the most capable gravel bike ever made. Switching from Midwest gravel at Mach 5 to rutted single track with ease, nothing helps you escape faster than Diverge."
A Quick Overview of the Tech Features
- “Powerful disc brakes that provide consistent stopping power no matter the weather or terrain.”
- “Optimized endurance geometry for all day comfort.”
- “Front and rear tire clearance for up to a 35c tire (32c with fenders)” … providing “more traction and flat resistant to ensure you keep the rubber side down.”
The aptly named bike has proved itself in the minds of reviewers from Cycling Tips, Cycling Weekly and Outside Magazine, to name just a few.
“After one ride it became the bike I didn’t know I wanted so bad.”
Here’s what others are saying about the Specialized Diverge
The all-new Specialized Diverge, ridden and reviewed | CyclingNews
- We've always been fervent admirers of the Specialized Diverge and its ever-evolving skillset. Having sampled all three versions since its inception in 2014, the newest edition has taken an already winning formula and tempered it into yet another stellar offering - it's the best gravel bike Specialized has made to date.
2021 Specialized Diverge gravel bike: first-ride review
- I see the new Diverge as a bike perfectly aimed at those who want a bike that can do it all without thinking about the route too much. A bike that you can go out and have a blast on, be it knocking out some big fast miles such as we did on day one, or possibly a shorter, tricky and technical ride like we did on day two.
Specialized S-Work Diverge 2021 gravel bike first ride review – the perfect getaway vehicle?
| GRAN FONDO Cycling Magazine
- “The Specialized S-Works Diverge doesn’t just shine thanks to its great looks but also due to its incredible all-round handling. It’s a guarantee for good times with an extra dose of security thrown in, making it suited to a wide range of riders. The Diverge is equipped with plenty of mounting points, accelerates quickly and rides well on the trails. The adjustable Future Shock 2.0 suspension is a decidedly useful development! If you want a bike to escape everyday stress on whichever paths you choose, be they road, gravel or trails, then the brand new Diverge is your perfect getaway vehicle!"
Specialized Diverge: The Ideal Winter Training Rig | Outside Online
- But the point of this bike is not necessarily to be a lightweight. It is plush as a bike can be, with tons of stand-over height, and yet it still feels quick and snappy like a proper road machine.
Specialized Diverge - first look - BikeRadar
- There’s no doubt this bike will find a place among the many road riders who seek a little more adventure, but based on the geometry and compliance figures, we suspect the Diverge could find another niche for those seeking greater ride comfort than the usual endurance road bikes.
- The Diverge is pitched as being 80 percent focussed on road and 20 percent on dirt, and that’s exactly the type of riding it’s meant for – although speed is still a big part of its design.
80 percent focussed on road and 20 percent on dirt
Specialized launches Diverge adventure bike with disc brakes and thru-axles | road.cc
- Specialized removed the Secteur from their 2015 range and replaced it with the Diverge. You could easily build up the Diverge in a number of ways, for commuting, touring, Audax even, a winter trainer with slick tyres or more off-road capability with treaded tyres.
Specialized Diverge – The All-Purpose Road Bike - MensJournal.com
- While the Diverge may not be ready to race cyclocross or keep up with a full-suspension rig on harrowing trails, it offers a level of utility that's difficult to match with anything else from your local bike shop. It's a commuter, a winter bike, a gravel grinder, and even a capable mountain bike — it's all these things and still returns to pavement to perform like a pure road bike.